Our quick and easy teriyaki chicken has loads of flavour and only requires a few essential ingredients!
Time: 30 minutes
· x 4 tbsp oil (canola oil)
· 1.8 kg chicken thighs (skinned, boneless and trimmed of excess fat)
· x 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
· x 1 large piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
· x 6 cloves of garlic (finely diced)
· x 8 tbsp soy sauce
· x 6 tbsp water
· x 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
· x 1 tbsp honey
· x 1 tbsp granulated cane sugar
· x 2 tbsp cornflour
· Splash Oyster sauce
· 500g white basmati rice
· 200g tender stem broccoli
· Spring onions (sliced to serve)
· Add more or less of any of the ingredients to your flavour
· Add cornflour depending on what consistency of sauce required
· Mix the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar (3 tbsp), honey, sugar, cornflour and oyster sauce in a bowl and set aside.
· Heat oil on medium heat in a pan. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 5 minutes. Add the rice wine vinegar and cover, continuing to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and clean the pan removing any excesses juices. Re-heat the pan and add another splash of oil. Return the chicken and pour over the sauce as detailed above. Cook for 2 minutes constantly mixing to ensure the chicken is coated in all the sauce.
· With 15 minutes to go (or as per the cooking instructions of the rice) boil the water and add the rice.
· With 10 minutes to go boil the water and add the tender stem broccoli. Drain and serve.